Apple's HomeKit is the software platform from Apple that relies on Siri to control your home automation features.
With Apple's HomeKit, you are able to wirelessly control your home many of the compatible products in your home. When you buy Apple's Homekit, you are essentially purchasing a "framework" that connects your home's automation products to give you more control.
The HomeKit is compatible with several of your devices and allows you to perform all kinds of home automation functions that will only serve to make your life easier and more efficient.
You can take now have more control of your home than ever before...no matter where you are....right from any Apple device.
Here's what you should know about adding home automation to your home and how Apple's HomeKit can help.
Apples HomeKit is compatible with the following devices:
- Phillips Hue
- Nanoleaf Ivy lighting
- Lutron Caséta dimmer
- Lutron Caséta dimmer
- Elgato Eve Energy, Switch & Power Meter
- iHome ISP5 Wi-Fi SmartPlug
- iDevices Switch
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet
- Insteon Central Controller Hub
- Nest (3rd Generation)
- ecobee3 lite
- Honeywell Lyric Round
- Honeywell Lyric T5 thermostat
- iDevices Thermostat
- First Alert Wi-Fi Onelink
- Netatmo Healthy Home Coach
- Canary All-in-One Home Security Camera
- August Smart Lock
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
- Chamberlain MyQ Garage
- Elgato Eve Room Wireless Indoor Sensor
- Elgato Eve Room Wireless Outdoor Sensor
- Hunter Signal Wi-Fi Ceiling Fan
What Does Apple's HomeKit Offer?
Apple's use of encryption with HomeKit makes this one of the more robust and secure systems on the market. This makes HomeKit a great choice for users who are concerned with privacy and security. Some of the benefits of Apples HomeKit includes:
- User-friendly single App support: Multiple smart features often require individual apps for control. HomeKit makes controlling your home automation a breeze by designing one app to control all your devices.
- Ease of use: Once your system is in place, you can control your home's temperature, lighting, entertainment and security features.
- Expandable: HomeKit offers the flexibility to build your smart home over time. Simply add features that meet the needs of your home and family as you grow-one solution at a time.
- Secure: HomeKit is simply unmatched when it comes to security. Apple offers a 5-key security mechanism that guarantees against 3rd party interference.
- Siri voice control: Enjoy seamless integration with Siri. With simple voice commands, you can control smart devices individually or in groups.
- Remote access: HomeKit gives you the ability to control your home from the palm of your hand, regardless of where you are!
HomeKit also eliminates the need to buy a hub. Your Apple TV or iPad will act as your smart home controller. This means fewer hardware devices to set up and maintain.
Benefits of Apple's HomeKit Home Automation
Smart home automation can offer a ton of benefits for your home and family. Here's what you should know about the benefits of smart homes and how they can make your life easier.
Smart homes can help to improve the overall efficiency of your home in a variety of ways. Customization options allow you to set automatic responses to specific scenarios, for example:
- Raising the thermostat when no one is home and lowering it just before you return
- Turning off lights when no activity is detected
- Switching appliances on and off at the touch of a button
- Monitoring changes in temperature to take the appropriate action as soon as it is needed
The possibilities are endless when it comes to ways home automation can help you improve the efficiency of your home.
The added convenience that home automation offers users is simply unmatched. HomeKit and home automation integrate technologies into our day-to-day lives, helping you to streamline common tasks. Remote access allows you to do things like make sure the door is locked or the turn on the lights when coming home after dark.
Added Protection and Security
Smart homes are the perfect environment for advanced and innovative security technologies. You can include a wide variety of features to enhance the safety of your home including:
- Security cameras
- Motion sensors
- Glass break detection sensors
- Window and door sensors
- Fire and smoke detectors
- Carbon monoxide detectors and more...
Home automation can help reduce your costs in a number of ways. Your smart home can help you see immediate cost savings in lower utility costs through higher home efficiency.
Home automation helps you to lower the amount of energy you use through all seasons as well as reduce the wear and tear on your HVAC system.
This means your system won't need to work as hard to maintain the same level of comfort, resulting in fewer repair needs and while extending the lifespan of your system. By monitoring your HVAC closely, you will be able to lower your heating and cooling costs all year round.
When you employ advanced home automation features into your home, you can enjoy the peace of mind knowing your home and family are better protected and secure against would-be intruders and other dangers.
If you are looking to bring your home into the 21st century and considering advanced home automation to your home, Apple HomeKit should certainly be considered. From enhanced comfort and convenience to unmatched encrypted security and improved home efficiency, it's easy to see why homeowners have fallen in love with Apple's HomeKit and compatible home automation features.